Welcome to my Recipe Box

My name is Ellen, although you probably already know me, as this is a brand new "blog"

**Ok, I hate the word blog** As I told my partner, Shane, when I decided to make this thing real, this is not a blog.

To me, this is the tiny recipe box that holds my most treasured meals. I'm excited to bring this recipe box into the digital age-- a place to share these meals with my friends and family (chosen or otherwise).

Another reason I really wanted to hold the space online for these recipes is that they are EASY. Most online cooks use fancy equipment that we don't have, or ingredients we don't have access to. My recipe box will always make sure that:

  • You can use mostly the kitchen equipment you already have. I don't have a stand mixer, I don't even have fancy pots except my dutch ovens (if you want an affordable dutch oven, I got my blue one at world market). 
  • We will work with ingredients that can be found at most any store (and for not so much $$). If you don't have the right ingredients, message me, and usually I can find you a substitute.
  • These recipes will be easy & fast and have at least 6 servings each. The idea that "this is a time to make meals you don't have time to make in real life" is only true for some. Most of us are still working and trying to live a normal life, even in crisis. Even if you do have the time, cooking is an overwhelming idea for most, and especially when a meal takes hours to prep & make.
  • We will not be counting calories or carbs on this blog, but we will be making whole foods that nourish your body (and maybe your soul, too). Cooking is therapeutic, especially when you're making food to nurture you & your family's bodies and minds. When I make food, especially in times like these, I no longer wonder "how many calories will this be" but rather "how will this food make my body feel."

Let's change the cooking narrative that's out there with easy, seemingly "fancy" meals that you can make on a budget. OH and I'll put the recipe on top so you don't have to scroll for hours past pictures of my hands.

Light & love,
Ellen

PS: This is a fail of cake pops that I tried to make myself on my birthday two years ago.. If I can cook, literally anyone can!






Comments